Friday, February 09, 2007

spring


Here is the blanket that I'm working on for someone who actually commissioned one. I'm not sure if it's exactly what they want, but all they said was that they didn't want white and preferred greens. So, here is my take on it:

Medium green worked together with a Mint green, then alternating with the Medium green worked together with a cornflower yellow to offset - or bring a little variety to the blanket.

I'm working with a pattern that I am altering a little. I like the original idea of the pattern, but found it too, well, regular if you know what I mean. I've broken up the rows of fpdc with a row of sc. I think it makes it look a lot nicer and even softer. :)

I've got about half of it finished and am looking forward to seeing how the border will come out. I haven't decided what color(s) I'll use for the border, but I may just be wild and incorporate all three some how...

No comments: