Wednesday, May 24, 2006

baby blanket

I think I may have messed up the baby blanket. It looked like I was starting to come in a little at one end and had to recount. Sure enough, I was two stitches short. I was, like, AARGH! I don't ever do that. I mean, it's not like I've never done it, it's just not the 'norm.' I also think I might have to take it out, because it looks longer than I intended -- double AARGH! Oh, it'll come out great in the end, but in the meantime, I've begun pulling my hair out...especially now that the baby I'm making it for arrived three weeks early! Chug-chug.

...now, if I can get the dog to stop trying to eat the yarn...life will be great!

I was just thinking that it would be great if there was a yarn warehouse around Maine. I mean, for folks like me who really cannot afford the ever growing yarn prices in the regular stores. It would be great! Sometimes, if I catch it, A.C.Moore has a wonderful yarn sale. I grab it when I can, but the reality of it is....yarn is getting more expensive and we're getting less in each skein. It used to be that you could get the variegated at 6 oz. Now, it's 5 oz! The regular Red Heart is now only giving you 7 oz. instead of 8 oz! Not good. grrrrr

No comments: