Sunday, June 04, 2006

rag rug

This is my second attempt at making a rug from rags (cut up old t-shirts and felt pieces). I tried once before and it came out great. It looks braided, but I actually crochet it with a huge hook -- can't remember what size. I think it's Q or something like that.

It takes longer to cut up the t-shirts into strips and sew the ends together than it does to crochet it. I've even cajoled my dear mum into sewing some strips together too. I hate sewing. It is not my forte and not something I do with any amount of pleasure. So, when she offered a while back, I took her up on it. :) She's a whiz at sewing. She used to make all sorts of dresses and blouses for my sister and I growing up. She does the quilting and I crochet the blankets. Not a bad trade off, huh?!

No comments: